Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I want 'everything' on my bagel

Bagels make me happy, but everything bagels make me exceptionally happy. When I worked as the opinion page editor at the Bristol Herald Courier, I wrote a Thanksgiving editorial (2009) listing some of the great things in Bristol. Mentioned then was the Manna Bagel Co., in Bristol Tenn., and its everything bagel.

I stopped in the shop this morning and bought a baker's dozen -- strawberry swirl, blueberry, plain and my favorite, the everything bagel. Sesame seed, poppy seed, onion, garlic, salt -- they all make me happy. And I still have two more to enjoy. If you live in the region and can visit Manna Bagel, be sure to stop in. But leave me an everything bagel or two. I hate running in on Friday afternoons and finding "my" bin empty.

1 comment:

  1. Everything bagels are my favorite too!!! I love them with just cream cheese or with egg salad. YUM :)

    ReplyDelete