Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fifth anniversary wishes by e-mail

Today is my fifth wedding anniversary and tucked in between caring for a sunburned child, getting the dog looked after, traveling today for a business meeting and trying to keep the laundry moving, we exchanged anniversary greetings by e-mail mid-morning. Honestly, I think we both forgot earlier, when we were still together.

Typically, for our anniversary we might go out to dinner, or I will prepare something special at home. Neither will be the case this year. He'll have to fend for himself and our youngest for dinner tonight; it will easily be 9 til I arrive home. Thankfully, neither of us puts tremendous weight on anniversaries. I am grateful to have a wonderful husband, who also is a good parent and my best friend. We'll aim to do something fun over the weekend, once we are able. If I make something yummy, I'll be sure to share it.

Now, back to the laundry and meeting prep!

4 comments:

  1. For those who don't know, we got married at the courthouse in Norfolk, Va., after we both worked a halfday at our jobs. We squeezed in two nights in Charlottesville for a mini honeymoon. Pomp and circumstance really isn't our thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers just arrived -- so pretty! Many thanks to my sweet husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you both. You are blessed!

    Ginnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ginnie! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete