Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quickie Broccoli Salad

I was hungry, so I took some shortcuts this week when I made a pared down version of Broccoli Salad Supreme. I left out the raisins and bacon, and added a couple of handfuls of chopped carrots instead. I also used Splenda because I was literally out of sugar.

Consider trying this quickie version of a favorite, while I head to the store!

2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 cup diced carrot
1 tablespoon low-fat mayo or plain yogurt
1/4 cup cashews
2 teaspoons Splenda (or white sugar)
1 teaspoons white vinegar
Salt and pepper

I put the vegetables in a medium bowl, then I mixed the dressing ingredients separately. Pour over all and mix well. I topped it with the cashews and mixed again. This was about 4 servings, but I ate it for lunch over two days this week. As with the Broccoli Salad Supreme recipe, the cashews make the dish -- they are crunchy and rich at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment