Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pepperoni pizza bake

Tuesday nights are class nights for me, since I am working on a graduate degree. Last night, I made a quick and easy casserole for my husband and son, before heading out the door to class. My family loves pizza, so I used its basic elements to whip up a casserole dinner. Add whatever vegetables you like, as you would on your favorite pizza.

Pepperoni pizza bake

15 ounce can spaghetti sauce
8 ounce package pepperoni
2 cups dry macaroni
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2-3 slices mozzarella cheese

Cook the macaroni in boiling water for about 8 minutes; drain and place in a 2 quart casserole. Add spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Top with sliced mozzarella cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes at 350, until top is browned and bubbly. Servings? It should serve 3-4, but there weren’t any leftovers when I got home. I’ll take that as a compliment, even though I was hungry!

2 comments:

  1. <3 this! so easy I could make it before I go to work in the morning and the husband could heat it up at dinner.
    AND, he'd BETTER SAVE ME SOME LEFTOVERS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is ridiculously easy! You could add mushrooms, olives, onions, green peppers -- anything you like on pizza. It was almost 10 when I got home from class. I should have known better and eaten before I left!

    ReplyDelete