Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sweet potatoes, mushroom soup and Halloween


I'm looking forward to Halloween, but no more so than my husband and son who have been busy decorating the house and yard. We've got skeletons hanging from trees, ghosts blowing in the breeze, bagged leaves in pumpkin bags and real pumpkins ready for carving. I was in the fall spirit a couple of days ago while grocery shopping and put some sweet potatoes in my cart. My husband loves them in casseroles, grilled or any way you can offer.

So far this day has been glorious -- bright blue skies, sunny, and vibrant fall colors. I had plenty of help this morning to dust and mop and sweep and now I'm making cream of mushroom soup in my slow cooker. The house smells oniony and earthy and comforting. Pics and details to come soon on the cream of mushroom soup and whatever I whip up with the sweet potatoes.

Get outside and enjoy these beautiful fall days with your family. And I encourage you to share some of your fall fun with me here, whether it is recipes, cooking tips or other enjoyable passtimes. Happy Fall, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment