Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Peanut Pork

It's a scorcher today in Bristol, so I am putting my slow cooker to good use. I have fallen so deeply in love with a new Peanut Chicken recipe (I've made it three times in the last month) that I decided to try it again today, but this time using pork as the meat.

I sliced up three boneless pork chops and added them to the slow cooker with about 2 cups of baby carrots and half of a large, white onion, cut in chunks. I did not use bell pepper this time. I made a sauce similar to the Peanut Chicken sauce -- soy sauce, curry paste, peanut butter (today I used chunky, not smooth). Instead of using lime juice and lime zest, I used orange juice and orange zest (that's what I had on hand!)

I also added a 4 ounce can of tomato sauce to the dish. The sauce seemed like it needed something and the tomato sauce seemed a good match. The house smells terrific. I am going to add peas and coconut milk about 30 minutes before the dish is finished, just like the Peanut Chicken recipe. I plan to serve this over rice and top each serving with roasted cashews (my husband prefers them to peanuts) and chopped cilantro from the herb garden outside.

Happy weekend, all. Enjoy the Memorial Day holiday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment