Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Parmesan chicken tenders

I turned leftover potato chip crumbs into dinner last week, using my mom’s parmesan chicken as inspiration.  I crushed the crumbs up, added some panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, then used that as a coating to make homemade chicken tenders.  The results were delicious and I was glad to use items I already had on hand.


Parmesan chicken tenders


2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cut in 2 inch cubes


½ cup potato chip crumbs (mine were sour cream and onion)


½ cup panko breadcrumbs

2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese


Combine the chips, breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl, stirring to blend.  I did not add additional salt and pepper to the coating, but I did salt and pepper the chicken pieces before dredging them in the coating.  Shake off excess coating and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick coating.



Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, turning after about 10 minutes. They will brown nicely and look like this when they are done:


My husband and youngest son loved them!  This is a super simple dinner that could be made with ingredients on hand. I added broccoli and rice and called dinner done! (Using the fine China!)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look right tasty! And I think even I could make them. :) And, the best part is my chicken nugget of a son will eat them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....I love a girl who can serve up an awesome meal on paper plates!(and I know this because I use them too!!))

    Thanks for keeping up with my blog. I appreciate your support.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete