Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Super simple pork roast

Maybe this recipe should be called "souper" simple pork roast, since all it really needs is condensed cream of mushroom soup. This offering is a favorite of my children and one of the easiest recipes you can conjure up. I used a half pork picnic because a full picnic is too large too fit in a 6-quart slow cooker.



Super simple pork roast

Half pork picnic (or other pork roast); approximately 4 pounds
One can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
Chopped parsley to garnish

Recipe will serve 6-8.



I used a half picnic and put it in the slow cooker while it was still frozen. This is one of the things I love about using the slow cooker -- no need to defrost.


Mix the can of condensed cream of mushroom soup with a half-cup of water.


Pour it over the pork roast; my youngest one helped with this part. Cook for 8 hours on low. This recipe creates a great sauce that my children love with rice or potatoes. This is a super easy option for dinner that everyone will love.

No comments:

Post a Comment